Utah's Motor Vehicle Portal (MVP) – FAQ
Last Updated on October 08, 2013
Who can use MVP?
Businesses, individuals, and representatives (title clerks, agents, dealerships, etc.) can all use Motor Vehicle Portal (MVP). For example:
- Businesses can manage e-lien, fleet, and Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division (MVED) accounts.
- Individuals can perform many Division of Motor Vehicle (DMV) functions like requesting personalized license plates.
- Agents can manage clients' Utah vehicle accounts.
What can I do in MVP?
Utah’s MVP lets you perform many DMV and MVED functions like:
- Managing your vehicles
- Managing your MVED business license(s)
- Making DMV payments
- Ordering personalized plates
- Renewing disabled placards
- Renewing a Commercial Fleet
Why should I use MVP?
Using MVP is:
- Free – There's no cost to use MVP.
- Convenient – Access MVP where and when you want – 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You won't wait in lines or on the phone.
- Simple – Sign up for access the first time you use MVP. After that, use your username and password to log in.
- Secure – MVP protects your information and provides a secure online experience. Your self-created username and password verify your identity and allow you to securely do business with the government online.
- Environmentally friendly – You can choose to stop receiving paper notices and manage your vehicle accounts online instead.